Thursday, December 3, 2009

AQx Customer Spotlight: Pamela Corney

“As an athlete who relies on her legs and core in skating, AQx shoes have opened a new cross training door for me,” says Pamela Corney, 52, of Michigan. Pamela is an inline indoor short track speed skater and teaches water training classes at her local pool. “If it were up to me everyone would be training in AQx shoes as the results are measurable as I've proven to myself in my skates. With the AQx shoes assisting the work in the water my feet 'turn over' on land more quickly as necessary in skating.”

Pamela, who trains in her AQx shoes three to four times a week, has enjoyed many successes in her career as a speed skater which began at age 40. The one that shocked her the most was her gold medal in the National Veteran 2 Lady Relay in 2006. “I hadn't planned on competing at all that year when my team mate asked me to skate it with her and my coach, who knew more about my times than I did, urged me to…when we took gold I was pretty surprised…it was the best I’d ever skated.”

Pamela has been involved in many athletic activities throughout her life including basketball, baseball, spinning, water exercise, speed skating, and even powder-puff football. “I love MOVEMENT! Be it on a bike, skates, skis, sleds, I am moving every chance I can get.” She shares her love of athletics and movement with her two sons, one of which she enrolled in her first speed skating lessons with.

Pamela has lived in Michigan her whole life and for over 30 years was a business owner in Saint Clair, MI. At age 47, she moved to Warren, MI, where she is now an AEA certified Water Instructor and teaches classes with her AQx Aquatic Training Shoes. “They are superior in cushioning any landing I might do on deck during teaching while demonstrating,” says Pamela. Pamela has a busy schedule as she is also a certified USARS (speed coach teaching beginner inline speed skating classes) at SS2 Racing and a certified SPINNING Instructor.

“[I] wholeheartedly believe in the training methods Dr. Garry Killgore and his company utilizes.”

Thank you, Pamela and congratulations on all of your successes!

No comments:

Post a Comment